Monday, February 9, 2009

Milwaukee Yarn Shops

Very disappointing yesterday, but today Milwaukee redeemed itself.

Yesterday, I decided to take a trip to the local yarn shop while on vacation here, temporarily lifting the spending freeze. I stopped by the two shops I know about, Kro-Sha and Fiberwood Studios. It turns out that Kro-Sha is closed for good, and the other is closed on both Sundays and Mondays.

So today, I drove all the way out to Whitefish Bay, which is actually a suburb of Milwaukee, to go to Ruhama's. Good selection, good variety, and a very large store. I picked up 6 skeins of Cascade Eco Alpaca in black for a new cardigan for me (1320 yards). I probably only needed five, but get nervous when I'm buying for a sweater.

So, in February so far, I have added 2,724 yards to my stash, bringing the total way back up. So, the spending freeze is on again until Knitter's Connection.

No comments: