Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Designer Phase

I am designing a crochet garter for my dear sister's wedding, which is coming up in June. I had initially started trying to make the Knitted Lace Wedding Garter by Diane Willett, but apparently I can't handle size 0 needles with thread. So, I decided to keep the concept but create it in crochet, something I know I can complete in the next few weeks.

Designing in crochet seems much easier to me than designing in knitting. Because you only work one stitch at a time, it seems easier to design as-you-go when crocheting. Perhaps that is only because I'm much more comfortable with crochet, but maybe not.

I am currently sifting through stitch dictionaries trying to finalize the look of the ruffles on this project. Then I hope to finish it up and get the pattern uploaded to Ravelry. This will be the first design where I've actually kept track of the pattern so others can do it, too!

No comments: