Friday, June 12, 2009

Mr. Penguin

After about a year and a half, my knit penguin is finally finished.

This project was started sometime in 2007, and has been sitting in storage without wings or a bottom since then. Finally, I have sat down for a hour and finished this thing. I still need to take some new pictures, see how young my little one is in this picture? She's almost two, now!



And, I have a confession to make. Today during work, I finally broke down and placed an order on knitpicks to get the Little Baby Bubbles cardigan kit. It is so freaking cute, and I couldn't resist it any longer.

And, given the kit was so cheap, clearly I had to order some of their sale yarn to get my total purchase up to $50 to qualify for the free shipping. So, just shipped is the following:
  1. 5 skeins Comfy Sport for the baby cardigan (680 yards)
  2. 3 skeins Elegance (330 yards)
  3. 11 skeins Wool of the Andes (1210 yards)
  4. 2 skeins Essential (462 yards)

Grand total? 2,682 yards added to stash. Sigh. I am excited to see this stuff in person.

No comments: